ContentWise and Prime Image enable operators and brands to utilize frame-by-frame data to drive new advertising and subscription revenues
- Partnership allows operators to develop a deeper understanding of the audience, behaviors and content viewed through frame-by-frame metadata and analytics
- Combined expertise of ContentWise and Prime Image means that operators can now enable automated actions based on what’s actually on screen rather than just using programming metadata
- This solution can revolutionize the way that operators cross promote their content offerings and services
Monday April 24 2017, Los Angeles, USA – ContentWise, the TV UX automation, personalization, analytics and metadata expert and Prime Image, the industry leader for video time optimization solutions and dynamic ad-insertion, have today announced that they have formed a strategic partnership to provide pay TV, broadcast, OTT and streaming operators with solutions analysing video frame-by-frame to create personalized branded engagement experiences for consumers.
The partnership will leverage ContentWise’s industry-leading UX automation and machine-driven personalization, with the Prime Image Time TailorTM technology, that analyzes content frame-by-frame. The combination of ContentWise and Prime Image will enable cable and broadcast operators to maximise advertising and programming opportunities.
“The ability of Prime Image to analyze and tag content frame-by-frame means that our solutions now open up new targeted advertising and brand engagement opportunities by moving from the broad-brush of the TV guide to the fine detail of what’s actually on screen,”
said Paolo Bozzola, CEO of ContentWise.
“It is a very significant development. This level of detail will provide operators and brands with many of the advantages previously only enjoyed in the online advertising world.”
The partnership with Prime Image enhances the existing ContentWise Product Placement Monetization tool for second-screen apps. This coordinates content programming with product placement timestamps and provides an API to power e-commerce catalogs and second-screen mobile apps. The combination of ContentWise and Prime Image technologies enables operators to push products and branded merchandise at exactly the right moment when the viewer sees the products, whether during live airings or VOD playbacks.
This in turn creates real added value for operators and brands by facilitating personalized and dynamic product placement offerings, which is key to engaging with viewers and increasing conversion rates. By harnessing the power of its dynamic user and content profiling algorithms, the software automatically selects products and offers to showcase to the user, increasing the chances of triggering a positive engagement.
“I’m really looking forward to seeing how operators use our frame-by-frame on-screen data,”
said Mike Mayfield, CEO of Prime Image.
“There are a number of obvious use cases, such as delivering highly contextual ads, creating specific viewer preferences, improving advertising effectiveness, and identifying brands featured in the content. I’m most excited about are the use cases we haven’t even thought of yet – I’m sure the creativity of the advertising industry combined with the data provided by ContentWise and Prime Image will lead to very powerful new developments.”
Additional key benefits for operators include:
- Increased user engagement, and a fresh way to browse the catalogue: Offering a personalized branded engagement experience to consumers, through personalized and faceted search and based on frame metadata.
- Dynamic Advertising Capabilities: Ensuring advertising is targeted and effectively branded, enhancing engagement and ensuring contextual relevance to the video content.
- Deeper understanding of the audience: further insight into viewer behavior and content viewed through frame metadata and analytics, allowing richer more granular viewer profiling.
- Monetisation tools: Ability to create new advertising and subscription revenue streams through targeted ad-insertion, relevant both to the context and to the user – based on user pattern activity and automated brand detection
About Prime Image
Founded in 1985 and acquired in 2003 by The Lomax Companies, Prime Image pioneered the development of the first video time reduction that digitally and undetectably deleted unnecessary frames without video compression or compromising the integrity of the video, audio or closed captioning of the program content. Prime Image has become the industry standard in video time reduction technology featuring the patented Time Tailor series.
More information can be found at http://www.primeimage.com/
ContentWise is the leading UX automation solution for pay TV, broadcast, OTT and streaming operators. ContentWise helps its customers’ marketing, editorial and content acquisition teams predict user intent, personalize the watching experience, optimize content performance and automate programming. The ContentWise software suite combines self-tuning UI personalization, editorial management tools and predictive analytics, testing and targeting capabilities. ContentWise customers are leading operators worldwide, including Cablevisión Argentina, maxdome, Mediaset, Sky, and TrueVisions.
For further information please contact:
Platform Communications – For ContentWise
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7486 4900